Every second person in the world is fashion enthusiasts. But has anyone ever wondered who decides what fashion trend has to stay and which of them has to go? No, right?
Not everybody gets too deep into this matter; however, now that you have become a little curious about it, then you must know the following facts about who decides the fashion trends of each season.
What history has to say about it?
The first logic of fashion trend is to show the fashion enthusiasts of the world that they have loads of extra money and plenty of leisure time to waste on fashion. However, the fashion influencers of ancient times were the king and queen of the kingdom, but nowadays, it is Instagram.
According to the styling of Louis XIV, he should have been titled as the “King of Couture.” On the other hand, Indian princess Rani Sita Devi was indeed a fashion icon and inspiration for the people of Paris in the 1930s. Not just them, even Queen Elizabeth I was significantly popular in terms of her wardrobe, fashion, and styling.
Thus, the trend became the thing that pleased the royalties, and only elite circle keenly observe their styling to move step by step with them.
Did fashion houses try their hands in deciding the trend?
Yes, the fashion houses call their shots. Some of the fashion houses in the fashion capitals like Paris once tried to set up the plot of how the trend would be born and how it would die. They started dictating the world what they must buy and what not just by getting inspired by basic yarns and fabrics. However, with the help of democratization, it is no longer valid.
What factors influence the fashion trends?
- Social media plays a significant role in influencing the population of fashion enthusiasts. Not just influencers, but everything from movies, politics, music, and the kids on the street influences the fashion forecasters of the world.
- The top trend forecasting firm is the World’s Global Style Network that forecasts the fashion trend of each season all around the world.
- The top celebrities wardrobe also influences on the style that you will wear the next time.
- Fashion for every trend like going to bed, airport look, athleisure, casual, or party is influenced by the influencers spread all across the globe.
- Due to the work from home situations all around the world, the athleisure look is trending. It is because people like to stay comfortable and relaxed in the outfits they wear for working all day long.
- Similarly, color trends are also according to that of the clothing trend. For example, the look for the brown color in the eyes of the people about 15 years ago is quite different from how people consider it in the present time.
Thus, nobody specifically but only the people in the world formulates the fashion trend and color trend of each season.