Have you ever wondered about renting out a place in space as you usually do on Earth? If yes, then you are surely going to something real quick in the future. A considerable initiative of Gateway Foundation will soon give a place to live in the space, named Von Braun Space Station. It will be something more like a cruise ship, mostly different from the regular sleep stations. Gateway Foundation is working along with the designer Tim Alatorre and his team to bring about the world’s first space hotel. The foundation is aiming to make visiting space accessible to all and not just the rich ones.
About the interiors of the space station
The space station will prove to be an option for the people to have a gateway, just like people regularly go on a cruise, hiking, or maybe Disney World.
- The Von Braun Space Station will have gravity for you to live normally.
- It will have a full-working kitchen as usual.
- The interiors of the space station will be made with natural materials and colors.
The goal of the Gateway Foundation
- The prime motive of the Gateway Foundation is to make the Von Braun Space Station operational, mostly by 2025. It can have almost 100 visitors every week.
- It is evident that the cost to make it to the space tourism would only be for the super-rich people of the society. However, Gateway Foundation has a motive to make the space travel approachable for all and not just the super-rich people.
- The foundation is expecting to have a population of 400.
- The Gateway Foundation wants to provide a comfortable and familiar outlook of the space station, where you can get homely experience.
Concept of Von Braun Space Station
The space station will be built on the technology which is used in the current International Space Station (ISS). Also, the space hotel will have artificial gravity, which will make both visiting and long-term staying relaxed and comfortable.
The design of the hotel is inspired by a concept developed by Wernher Von Braun in the 1950s. The space hotel got its name after him.
The space station hotel will be a 190-meter diameter wheel that will rotate to create some gravitational force. There will be 24 individual modules fitted out around the wheel to accommodate people and to support other functions on the space station.
Features of the Space Station
The features of the space station will be seen similar to that of the cruise ships, bars, musical concerts, restaurants, educational seminars, and movie screenings.
Some of the sections will be available as private residences, some for government purposes, and some for scientific purposes.
It might look a feeling of something futuristic that we usually see in movies, but it is quite an inviting place for humans. All the interiors will have a comfortable homely vibe, where you can live as you usually do.