During the winter, most people slip into the most underrated pair of footwear, i.e., shoes or sneakers. Well, these footwears are constant and have their importance in the fashion world, but apart from them, fashion keeps changing with time.
In 2017, a brand new fashion of chunky and towering new breed of shoes came into being. They were popular and is still popular amongst the fashionistas of the world. Perhaps, it was an ode to the late great glam-rock king David Bowie stating that the style statement is going up, just like high inches of the boots.
About the glam-rock king David Bowie
David Bowie has the most eye-catching and arresting style state, from Colman’s colored suits to Starman leotards, he has rocked it all. His style has truly shaped the history of fashion over the decades. David’s style is quite a source of inspiration for a few most successful fashions style that persists in the world. And one of his style inspired product is these chunky towered boots.
Brief on glam-rock fashion
The glam-rock fashion is not just about dark and manly kind of clothing. It is more to explore in it, unlike the goth or punk styles. The glam-rock fashion combines punk rock, gothic rock, and glam metal styles, which are still in trend. This fashion is loved by one and all rock and metal band lovers, and it is not biased to age or gender. The glam-rock fashion reflects more like an edgy, colored, and patterned kind of style. And it is how these high chunky boots were designed to relive and rediscover the rock and metal bands.
Most of the statuesque models have walked on the loft heights of the towering heels, designed by most of the famous designers and brands like –
- At Maison Margiela, the senior designer, John Galliano, designed the best stacked, chunky boots with giant tiger-stripes in emerald color.
- Mulberry, designed these boots like London’s rock ‘n’ roll scene with pointed platform boots in orange, black, and claret snakeskin patterned design.
- Marc Jacobs, who has a heart for the gothic patterns, designed an old saw knee-high, finest black leather lace-ups along with larger than life chunky
Advantages of Glam-rock platform heeled boots
Glam-rock platform heeled boots were on the runway for quite long; meanwhile, the high-street stores were already offering a variety of affordable alternatives for the original boots. It is mainly because of a few advantages like –
- You can slay in any outfit with these chunky
- They are quite comfortable and relaxed to walk-in with as compared with other heels.
- They are very easy to wear and pull off.
- The platform heel of the footwear makes it far easier to carry than a pencil heel stilettos.
- Chunky heels assure a sturdier base than a regular heel.
If you wish to look like a star every season, then you must have at least one pair of these high-fashion chunky towering boots in your footwear collection. Opt for sky-scraping Ziggy Stardust-esque boots to add a few more inches in your life this winter!