A question always floats in our minds, what would look appropriate to wear to attend a funeral. It is already hard to digest the news of the death of our loved ones on top of that, facing the daunting task of getting dressed is quite tricky. To help you choose the best and the most appropriate cloth for the funeral, here is a little guide of do’s and don’ts that you must follow to dress the best for the funeral day of your loved ones.
- Your formal outfits are quite suitable for the funeral. The dark color hues are acceptable for the funeral, including black, purple, charcoal, and navy.
- Men must wear a suit and tie or a sweater.
- Women must wear fancy dresses, casual dress, or office wear outfits to pay a visit to the funeral.
- Minimum makeup and jewelry are recommended as a basic necklace and earrings are best to wear for the funeral.
- Women must carry a shawl or oversized scarf to the funeral, also, must wear black tights to look poised.
- Try wearing comfortable and climate-appropriate footwear for the funeral.
- Men must shave or trim their facial hair before the funeral.
- Always remember to get a black umbrella with you, as the weather is still quite unpredictable.
- Jeans and shorts are a big NO. You will look out of the place if you end up wearing so casual outfits for the funeral.
- Women must remember never to wear any exposing outfit, in which her shoulders or cleavage is revealing.
- Women must wear a pair of leggings to the funeral.
- Avoid going for bold colored lipstick or makeup while getting ready for the funeral.
- If you are going for heels, then you must avoid wearing high heels for mid-size heels.
More traditions of the funeral:
- Some of the families celebrate the life of the person who has left them with unique sports events. And some might even hold a party instead of the funeral. Thus, go with your instinct and dress accordingly.
- Every religion has different ways of celebrating the funerals; thus, it is best to be aware of the traditions of every culture. Here is a list of how several religions do the funeral service.
- Muslim services require your footwear to be removed before entering the funeral service.
- Jewish funeral service requires women to cover their heads and sit in a different section than men.
- Buddhist service does not have any dress code; just women are expected to dress modestly without any skin show.
Hopefully, now you have enough information about how you must dress to go for a funeral service. Your outfits say a lot about how much you have condolence and respect for the deceased and the family. Respect and modesty are the keys to remember before you enter service.